A while ago I wrote my first article about my experience with CakePHP, and now I am so pleased with using Agile software development methods (maybe it’s beginner’s enthusiasm, but…) I’ve decided to write about Agile and everything about it as I work with it.
Today (actually 10 days ago, but I’m writing now :-)) I had my first SCRUM meeting. A company where I work has changed it’s name and it was a great opportunity to revamp the old website, and by revamp make a new website design and concept from scratch with salvage of some existing content.
SCRUM is a completely new and revolutionary concept for myself, and from what I’ve just experienced, it:
- significantly increases code quality
- simplifies project planning and tracking (no more MS Project)
- demystifies project tasks/features
- reduces pressure on developers
- increases satisfaction in work as you can actually
- take part in the planning, which gives countless advantages and motivation
- see the actual progress and your part in the “done” section
- feel and see the finish date of the project instead of the deadline