After a long time of bug-fixing, feature-creating and nag-listening, a new version of B3S SubTranslator has been released. Most important modification in the new version is the described in the Dictionaries section, so even if you don’t intend to read the rest of the article, at least read this.
B3S SubTranslator dictionaries have been reorganized. Old dictionaries should be compatible with the new version of the B3S SubTranslator, but due to the new organization of the dictionaries you should not use the old (Croatian) dictionaries.
New dictionaries are organized into 2 groups
- Official dictionaries – these are the regularly updated official (Croatian) dictionaries maintained and released by the Blue 3 Systems.
- Custom (New/Deletable) dictionaries – whenever you add a new word to the dictionary or edit an existing word in the official dictionary, it will be added (saved) in the custom dictionary, same goes for deleted words from the official dictionary.
Purpose of this new organization is to have an official dictionary from Blue 3 Systems, and your custom part of the dictionary. This way, you can update the official dictionary, without losing your custom modifications.
Keeping the custom dictionary separate it will be much easier to use your submissions in expanding the B3S Official Dictionary.
- some pictures added to about (donations) form, yes you can still donate
- word recognition method modified (now using regular expressions)
- subtitle reader modified, more information displayed to the user on error
- dictionary (official/custom) reorganized (already mentioned)
- when adding new words to the replaceable or the multi-value dictionary you can automatically replace all of the occurrences of the word with the default replacement
- when adding new words to the accepted dictionary you can automatically mark all of the occurrences of the word as checked
- you can mark all occurrences of the same word (replaced or not) as checked
- you can now revert all replaced words to their original values
- you can also revert all occurrences of the same replaced word to its original (or any other available) value
- ctrl+alt+direction button combination functionality changed, now it will skip verified (checked) words, if you wish not to skip the checked words, use the ctrl+alt+shift+direction button combination
- currently focused (selected) subtitle line is painted differently for better recognition, the colour can be configurable in the options
- edit menu added with standard functions (cut, copy, paste, select all) added
- find, replace added to the edit menu, with regex support
- go to line added to the edit menu
- multi-value words description shown in the context menu
- subtitle line number added to subtitle line control
- multi insert to replaceable dictionary added (with some auto-correct-suggest logic – very much BETA, but I didn’t want to leave it out)
- copy to clipboard issue on multivalue add form – bug fixed
- verification list – alphabetical sort bug fixed
- auto replace character case bug fixed
- semicolon in words bug fixed
- main form toolbox refresh bugs fixed
That’s about it on the B3S SubTranslator 0.7.2.1, some dead code cleanup and minor fixes done. In the new version pack, here is an updated version of the DaReplacement plugin with not much modifications except some behavior updates (inherited from the main app).
Download B3S SubTranslator 0.7.2.1.
Back to B3S SubTranslator Main Page.